Thursday, March 17, 2011

How To Tell If Your Eyeshadow Expired

RITUALES

In Panama took my rolls to reveal a picture Charlie's in Bella Vista, the only lab left in the city. Is a family run, modest, where they seem to have heavy workloads. The 35mm revealed costs $ 1 and $ 2 for 120/220 exit. I get the film rolled, without protection, tucked in a white paper bag. Every time he sees me walk in the door, the boy laughs, I think I'm giving you more work than usual. The first time I asked if he was a professional, trustworthy. The cashier told me that was usually good, but that from time to time the machine starts and eats rare rolls, or leaves a mess. Okay, I said, let's see what happens. So far so good.


is a ritual that I find magical. Going out to shoot, roll back and charged forward and approach giving a walk to that place where I took some bags that are as American store in the fifties, it seems as if to snuff and for a few beers, but I bring my photos there. Has much to do with what we're shooting here JM and me, a world that no longer exists, a life style where the details were very symbolic and referred to a society and isolated embedded within another. Canal Zone, Panamanians U.S. territory where they could not enter, it represented the essence of American life, the impossible dream. And paper bags of the commissaries, which bought the things I had not anywhere else, were the symbol of that dream. Taking photographs

0 comments:

Post a Comment