Friday, December 17, 2010

Do Chps Show Up To Court

APROPIACION

There is an exhibition
now at the Guggenheim in Bilbao to which I have given in fever (heating failed in the cold last night in my hotel room), and maybe that's why I have a dream seen as uncomfortable and revealing.

Haunted is called, and is armed mainly with funds from the various branches of the foundation. Revolves around the obsession of contemporary art from the past, the storage and recording media and recording as photography, video or audio, which presents as transmitters of melancholy for its ability to fragment time and transform memory, highlighting the irretrievable past events.

I love the way that people like Richard Prince, Rauschenberg and Luis Jacob have used existing images to tell a very personal thing and produce a work entirely new with respect to the files in which they are based.

I returned to meet with the work of Walid Raad and his blend of document and fiction seems to me not only a work but a work of undeniable fact-finding comparable to Wikileaks. I think the war in Lebanon is best read in the creative process of the Atlas Group, which in libraries of the time.

Ownership and involvement of all types of files and documents removed from memory and presented from another angle, the mix of genres and disciplines. I think something as large as the best of August Sander or Diane Arbus.

for me remains a mystery, the excitement, the anxiety that the contemplation of a photograph or a painting can produce. A mystery I do not want to stop there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment